SMART Executive Director Report, May 31, 2017 Update:
SMART’s Best, Sustaining Success: SMART PROC, Annual SB Procurement Conference
Average Results of 15 Annual SMART PROCs since 2001:
Speakers and Exhibitors; 90 Speakers (Below) and 54 Exhibits
Total Participation; 514 (1st had 86; last 4 topped 750)
– Congressional Caucus 6 10
– Fed Executive Branch DC HQs 10 11
– International Allies 2 2
– State Government 2 4
– Local Gov’t 5 14
– Academia 8 17
– Major Business 15 55
– SB 37 281
– Gov’t Labs / Field Agencies 20 71
– Professional Associations 10 49
Top 4 Major Programs
Data Programs Summit, Fall 2017; IT/Commo and All Others (Joint Group Program):
– Data Programs Integration Summit #2; Jaurigue (PA), Kirk (MD) & Stanzione (NJ)
— #1 requested by Assist SecArmy for Acq, Logistics & Tech
— APG host, outside the gate at Cecil College
— AM Session on Data Programs; PM Session on Priority Applications
Advanced Manufacturing Tech:
– Top 2016 priority for Congressman Hoyer
– Mid-Atlantic Grant; Mike Galiazzo (MD) & William Marshall (NJ)
— May 10th, first major meeting in Baltimore
— DE, NJ & PA working sessions will follow summer 2017
– Curacao-MultiCommodity Center; Bob Carullo (NJ) & George Kearns (PA)
— Based upon successful Dubai model, with senior level team (from Dubai)
– European Union Grant, “Getting To Know Europe” two year seminar series; DC to NYC
– International Summit #2, Capitol Hill, DC; Sept 2017; #1 had 17 Embassies, expect ~25.
– Proposed stand-up of “Exchange Centers” for both Saudi Arabia and India.
– Government Acquisition Reform; Eugene DelCoco (PA) & Bob Carullo (NJ)
— USN CNO Office is engaged w/ multiple other DoD offices
— Challenging due to Trump Admin changes, but much DoD interest.
Active Groups Can Develop Into Major SMART Programs:
Health Care; Debbie Burrell (MD)
– SMART PROC 15 year successes and current Opioid issues
Agriculture/Food Tech; Kevin Doyle (PA)
– Current, local region Urban Ag programs in PA, MD & DC w/ active STEM components.
STEM Education/Workforce Development; Tony Fowler (MD) & Joan Michel (MD)
– Multiple, local region STEM programs and International, Real World Design Challenge
Veterans Affairs; Byron Roth (PA) & in each state Dep Chairs
– Most active Group, 16 Meetings. 5 Major; much collaboration with ESGR, States & VSOs
HLS/Cyber/Public Safety; R. Brzenchek (PA) & Debbie Burrell (MD)
– Much past activity; re-building Group w/ MD Cyber Triangle & US DHS S&T Directorate
Other Group/Committee Activities: Developing Programs:
Global Diversity & Inclusion; Dr Joi Spraggins (PA) & Steve Dawson (NJ)
Transportation/Infrastructure; Paul Labow (PA), Bart Muller (NJ) & MD DoT
Economic Development; Rob Mazzuca (NJ)
SMART Women In STEM; Kathy Brunner (PA), Debbie Burrell (MD) & Mandi Love (NJ)
Further info will be added as new efforts develop.
Please contact Bob Carullo to follow up any opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-304-2904.
The Rubik’s Cube seems to be an impossible puzzle but it’s easy to solve it using algorithms.