SMART Company and Board of Directors
Smart Not For Profit Company and Board of Directors
The SMART membership company adds value to the SMART Congressional S&T initiative by executing and integrating the regional vision of the Caucus, the Federal Executive Branch DC HQs, our International Allies and our Mid-Atlantic States.
Our mission is to provide Mid-Atlantic technical community leadership to address national and international Science & Technology topics for Research and Development, technology-based Economic Development and STEM Education / Workforce Development.
Our goals to accomplish this mission are:
– Develop & increase inter-state, cross disciplinary collaboration among the Mid-Atlantic tech communities.
– Foster the collaboration among all elements of the tech community;
— academia, businesses, government labs/field agencies and related professional associations.
– Promote existing and seek new Mid-Atlantic S&T enterprise.
– Enhance STEM Education and Workforce Development.
We execute the above via our 15 Technology Groups (by tech topic and “market”) of our membership and contacts, overseen by our Board of Directors. Our products are:
– Networking to addressing S&T case studies and issues.
– Events and working meetings to support above.
Since 1999, SMART has:
– Addressed multiple case studies for Congress, Fed Exec Branch and the States.
– Directly facilitated $575M+ in projects and spun off much more.
– Conducted 268 events.
SMART Board of Directors (Note: Bios are being complied)
Board Executive Committee
Chair Philip J. Jaurigue, Sabre Systems, CEO
DE Dr. Noureddine Melikechi, Delaware State U, VP R&D
MD Jack Pappas, Pappas Associates International, CEO
NJ Dr. Donald Sebastian, NJIT
PA Kevin Doyle, Trinity Capital Advisors, CEO
MD Tom Evans, MD DBED, Senior PM
NJ Upendra Chivukula, NJ Assembly, Deputy Speaker
Federal Executive Branch Field Agency Liaison
Jyuji Hewitt, US Army RDECOM, Dep Commander
Robert Meade DE PNC Bank
Debbie Burrell MD Burrell International Group, CEO
Francis Pierce MD DSA Inc, CEO
Michael Warner NJ SMH, President; Col (USA-Ret)
Dr. Donald Sebastian NJ NJIT, VP for Research & Development
John Laocntora, Drexel U (On Site at FAA TC), Professor; Retired NJ ANG Lt Col
Thomas Fenerty PA Navmar Applied Sciences Corporation, President
Eugene DelCoco PA The Blackfield Group, President
Phillip Jaurigue PA Sabre Systems, CEO
William McLaughlin PA, Irish-American Business Chamber & Network, President
Kevin Doyle PA, Trinity Capital Advisors CEO
Executive Director Robert Carullo
Secretary/Treasurer Pamela Fillion
Technical Director Thomas Milhous